1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dump Body Hydraulics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Propwash, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Propwash

Propwash Junior Member
    from maine

Hello all. This is my first post of many I'm sure. I have a 1983 C70 that was used most of its life for a town plow truck.It is rigged with a Frink system. The truck has a Perfection body that looks like it was not the original body. I am currently using this truck with a small plow to do my driveway. I would like to use the existing hydraulics to run the power angle plow but the only double acting control valve is being used for the dump body ram, and I am suspicious that this is not correctly installed. Can the dump body ram be run by one of the many existing single action valves that I am not using so that I may use the double acting valve for my plow angle? I assume if this can be done I would move the power up hose to a single acting valve and move the power down line to flow freely into the hydraulic oil tank as well as the smaller line coming out of the end of the ram which i assume is the bypass line which is currently coiled up and plugged. I hope this isn't to confusing for you guys to fathom out for me. Thanks in advance for your replies.