1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dump bed vs ezdumper

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JAV, Feb 12, 2002.

1. JAV

JAV Junior Member

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be asking this question, so please lead me in the right direction if it isn't. I need a dump bed on my '78, and am considering both an ezdumper and a Pierce dump mechanism for my factory bed. I'm am interested in hearing any opinions on this subject that will help me make a decision. If it matters, the truck is a 1 ton dually.
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

If you have the money and don't object to the look of a dump body I would go with the Pierce. It is more oney but will last longer and hold up better. The ez dumper is a great replacement that will work and maintain the look of a stock truck. I would not put it on the same level as a dump body though.

3. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I don't think that pickup boxes were meant to be dumps... i don't think it would hold up so of those 2 choices I would get the EZ- Dumper. I would rather have a flatbed dump myself... it's more versatile. I guees it really depends on what you will be hauling.

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I musunderstood. I was thinking of a full dump body. I would agree a pickup box will not be strong enough. Go to a ez dumper or convert to a full dump or flatbed dump.