1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dumb Snowplow Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1BadHawk, Nov 17, 2004.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

I found an ad for a Snowbear 7' light duty plow with manual angle. Im assuming you have to manualy change the angle right? if so can this plow be modified to provide hydraulic angleing? its 3 years old and the guy want 60 bucks.

He also has an 8' BOSS Super Duty with handheld joystick controls. F250 mount, 1year old, never used. Apparently it was installed as a demo for some company.
    Asking 3000 but willing to take offers. Unfortunately as it is now im not looking to spend that kind of money.

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

What will the plow be used for? Personal use, your driveway only or commercial lots or more than one residential drive. The snow bear is a LIGHT DUTY plow designed as such. If you are doing anything more than your own driveway buy something designed to handle the job and thats not the snow bear.

3. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

Im looking at personal driveway, some residential driveways ( the longer ones that would take too mich time with a snow blower) and 2 maybe 3 small commercial lots (mom and pop stores, roughly 5 - 20 parking spaces. I Have a small 7-11 with 4 spots in the front, and 3 on the side, I have a small vetrinarian clinic, trait forward square lot with 12 parking spots (six on the left six on the right) and Im possibly looking at a liquir store lot which has about 20 spaces, basic rectangular size. Thats about it.

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

More than the snow bear will handle. Buy a REAL plow.

5. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

OK, thanks.

6. catskill

catskill Junior Member

good advice

listen to JMR he gave you good advice...