1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dumb slick stick question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BPK63, Dec 4, 2009.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

I have been plowing my driveway for a few years now. Thats all I do, nothing else. It's a huge driveway that took me 3.5 hours with the blower. Plow has saved me many hours of work now. Anyway when I bought a used truck with E47 pump/plow and slick stick the guy told me never leave the stick in the down position. I was just wondering when I'm plowing am I supposed to leave it down or in the center position? I know when it's centered the plow can not drop any farther if I hit a dip. Also I assume the relay would stay on and probably burn out if I left the switch in the down position. Just wondering though where it should be when I'm pushing snow.
  2. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Most likely the person who installed the plow did not wire the plow correctly. With the ignition off you should not be able to operate the plow, only with the ignition on. The lower position is for down/float on the slick stick. During plowing if you want the plow to follow the contour of the ground you would lower the slick stick. If you want to keep it in a fixed position you leave it in the center. If the plow is wired incorrectly (works with ignition off) and you leave the slick stick in the down position it will keep the A-valve energized and kill the battery.
  3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

The plow does not work with the ignition off. I just remember this guy saying something about the relay under the hood. I bought an extra one because of something he said about them burning out. I have been plowing with the stick in center but sometimes hit it down a few times while moving when I'm hitting low spots. That got me to thinking am I supposed to plow with the stick down or will that cause the relay to overheat and burn out?
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Leave it in the float position as you need it (plowing). Otherwise center is where you want to be. Makes the A coil last longer.