1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dumb second question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RCSIndiana, Aug 26, 2010.

1. RCSIndiana

RCSIndiana Junior Member

Been playing with my new truck out in the driveway. Should the plow just slam to the ground when you hit the down button? I guess I was thinking it would slowly go down so you could adjust height instead of going completely to the ground. Thanks to all

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, you can adjust the drop speed. The directions on how to do that should be included in your owner's manual or it can be found online.

I've adjusted the speed on my Boss and Western so if you have either one of those I could probably help you out if you can't get it.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I like when they slam down... the bang lets everyone know im there

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

It also knocks any stuck snow off the blade.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What kind of plow?

6. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Especially when you're the first one to show up in a subdivision...The bang, along with my bright @ss LED light bar let's all the neighbors know that I have a faster response time than their plow company does. ;) Which means more phone calls for the next season :nod:

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

keeps you awake!

8. RCSIndiana

RCSIndiana Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will leave it alone. The cleaning off the blade reply makes sense. Just seems harsh when it slams like that.

9. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

You should be able to adjust that. What kind of plow are you running. My Fisher Minute Mount 2 just about bounced off the pavement the first time i let it down. Adjusting mine was just a matter of adjusting a screw on the drivers side of the unit.

10. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

I usually wake up when I hit the pile

11. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

or the man hole cover :eek: