1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dumb question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nepagearjammer, Feb 20, 2011.

1. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

installed my mm1 plow on my k3500 but I am waiting on the light harness I bought off fleabay..I don't have power to the fishstick. Have power on the switched wire(pin "C") but no power on pin "D"...iso problem or light harness(grounding issue) 4 port iso..waiting for harness(plowside) for port 2 and harness adapters for ports 3&4 (truckside). seems ports 2,3,4 are strictly for lighting, would this cause no power to fishstick? plow is hooked up just missing some harness.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Plow must be hooked up to get power to controller.

3. tkmack

tkmack Junior Member
    from Ma.

Do you have the red (hot wire) on the control harness hooked up? It is needs to be connected for the controller to power on.
    You also do need the lighting harness that plugs into port 2., it has the ground that grounds the iso module. If you want to make the plow work while you wait for the other harnesses, ground out the third pin from the left on the bottom row of pins of port 2 on the iso and the unit will come alive as well as the controller. Try it out. You will hear it click when you ground it.

4. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

that must be the blac/orange wire that connects thru the lighting harness to the small stud on the relay. will give it a shot!

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Yes, that blk/orng wire is the ground, it runs through the control and light harnesses.

6. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

thanks guys it worked great!!! now I discovered that my solinoid is crap...picked one up today, ahhh the joys of buying used equipment.