1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dumb question on mounting conventional Fisher plow??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hugger94, Feb 16, 2010.

1. hugger94

hugger94 Junior Member

I believe I have completed all of the modiifications to repower my 7 1/2 Fisher plow and am ready to mount it... It has three mounting holes on the plow that are pinned at the cross bar. It's been a couple of years since it was removed from my old 1984 F250. I don't remember which hole it was attached with, and would really like to know why there are three different mount holes.

My first thought is to mount on the middle hole and see how it handles.

Would appreciate any input as always.

hugger94

2. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Hey hugger, the three holes are there so that the A-frame of the plow sits level (parallel) to the ground. You just have to play around with what hole works best with your truck, but you will notice if it's not the correct hole as the plow will probably trip a lot. Good luck

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Start in the middle hole and see how it looks. As he said, you want the A-frame parallel to the ground. It doesn't affect the tripping as much as how well it scrapes when angled.

Good luck with the setup.