1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dumb question, how these power up??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bowtie_guy, Dec 16, 2009.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I would guess that they are self contained unit, just buy the thickness of them and that fact that they look like a copy of a TIR model light, but i would call them first before i ordered them to make sure or google them some more!

3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Dont get those. Those are old school. Look up Whelen Linear leds or even federal signal stuff.

That light has no spreader optics all you will see from a far is a bunch of small leds.

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

They would be similar to Nova Slultra, all self contained, just a ground wire, power and pattern selection wire to hook up, to switches. I have no problem with the Nova verison of what looks to be very similar, bright, nice flash patterns, and gets peoples attention. And the fact they are so thin is nice, no bulky light sticking off whatever you mount them too. If they are anything like Nova Slultra you don't just see a bunch of small leds, you see one large light flashing.

5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

thx for the info. xysport