1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DUMB Q, BUT... which way do the couplers go?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MADSPEED, Sep 26, 2007.

1. MADSPEED

MADSPEED Junior Member

Just rebuilt the E-47. hokked her back up with new hoses and couplers. At first, it worked up and down, then left and right. Now I get no movement right, and only comes up like 2 inches. Pump runs and all when supposed to, but sounds like low fluid. Got magnetism at all solenoids. Won't go right at all, but I can hear the solenoid click. Pump runs, and kinda screaches when trying to raise. I'm thinking maybe one of the couplers was put on backwards, preventing fluid flow. Which way do they go? NE other tips?

2. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

not familiar with meyer specifically.
    when you refill you generally have to activate pistons (you have) and then re check fluid levels.
    after complete evacuation of system you sometimes need to bleed off air - check Meyer specifications.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The couplers will work in either direction so it doesn't matter which way their on, they won't restrict fluid flow (unless either is defective of course) It sounds like the system is low on fluid or full of air,,,or both.

4. MADSPEED

MADSPEED Junior Member

Ok, How To Bleed Air?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do a search on here about bleeding the system and you'll find alot of info on the subject....

6. MADSPEED

MADSPEED Junior Member

thanks for the help guys. she works like a charm now after bleeeding all the air out!

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:drinkup: Good to hear you got it working...now we just need a little snow to test all this equipment everyone's been working on! :D

8. MADSPEED

MADSPEED Junior Member

yeah, ihear the almanac says lots of it this year