1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dudes, I got more power..............

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SCAPEASAURUSREX, Oct 29, 2002.

from NJ

Hey , I just installed a Gibson Cat back exhaust system in my 95 F250, Wooooooow.. What a differance.. Wish I had done it years ago.... They claim like a 35 hp increase, and I believe it .. well worth the small investment,, You can really feel it whith a heavy trailer hooked up and headed up an incline... Yeha.........
  2. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Get a different down pipe. The OEM pipe is so restricted it isn't funny.

I put propane on mine. Pulls good, maybe not the same as the 75 HP chip, but fairly strong.

More power is always good. I aint had too much yet on any thing.

from NJ

Brickman, Whats this 75hp chip you mentioned ??? I must have it ! LOL... Seriously.. more power is good , very good, the more the better, especiallly going up hill... But man , just the addition of the exhaust has made such a noticible differance in climbing hills with a 7K trailer, it's just not funny at all, What was ford thinking with the stock exhaust ?? or were they ??

from NJ

Brickman, Just realized you have a power stroke ? I have a 351W gas.....
  5. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

I could go as high as 140 HP chip. That is a racing application. Serious bad azz power.

On your gasser change the air filter to K&N, other wise I am not much good on gas performance. Some of the newer ones you could put a chip on the computer for more power. Like the V 10 I know you can.
  6. Ford250HDBoss

Ford250HDBoss Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Gibson Catback

gibson catback exhaust system i need more hp were did you buy the system and how much did it cost. Also did you get the stainless Steel

7. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Watch the ford diesel its delicate when you add power like that. Especially if you do a banks kit or anything to the turbo. I know a guy who owns a performance shop and blew his up after he put the banks kit in it and a chip.:nono:
    just my .02 cents
  8. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

I'm pushing 450 hp on #2 alone with my PSD;) 80k mi and still runs like a tank. You just have to do it with the right combinations:D

9. sledhead

sledhead Member

More power,oh yaaaa!
    I have a 5.4 in a 02 250SD.
    Just installed the Gibson SS cat back, Gibson SS headers, and a K&N Gen 2 FIPK.
    What a wake up call for the 5.4