1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dually trucks.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by R.J.B., Apr 16, 2011.

1. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

Anyone on the here plowing with a dully? I just looked at a 08 gmc with the d-max. Just wondering how they where to plow with? I will. Be using a wideout on it. What do you guys think?
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Not a driveway rig thats for sure. But would be fine with parking lot or roads
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Ford 1 ton dually, regular cab and chassis, ran an 810 on it this year which was too small. Upgraded it to an 8611lp. I would say a wideout would be minimum for a dually, but I found that even with the wings out, the outer dual was still on the curbs, in the windrow, etc when plowing around curves. No issues in a wide open lot, but kind of a PITA in our apartment communities.
  4. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

That's what I was wondering about the width of the rear wheels.
  5. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Definately need to run a very wide blade. I find you also need to run a lot more weight in the rear, which is great if you run a salter. I find them more a pain then anything anywhere else except a large parking lot.
  6. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

I have a Duelley ... I take the duels of in the winter and run singles... ...I think it gets allot better traction than duels.... I have a 2yd sander on back and pus a 9-2 Boss that I added 8" to each side... I plow a few miles of road and allot of drives Works great for me !!
  7. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

The rear wheels can be a challenge when plowing a drive way with any kind of radius to it, I've got a 8' straight blade with wings bring the total plow to just under 10' and the outer rear wheels still find fresh snow. The biggest problem for me is, the wings on my plow have a rubber cutting edge! so it's real hard to scrape down to pavement when you packing snow into ice with the tires. If i was to do it again, I'd look into a 10' Blade (all steal cutting edge) minimum for a DRW truck.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  8. tuna

tuna Senior Member

The width depends on if it is a Dually Pickup or Cab and Chassis.A Pickup is about a foot wider.