1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dually Rim Interchange?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stan, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I have a 94 3500 mason dump and noticed there is a ford rim mounted on the truck. Will early 90's ford rim interchange to fit mine? I wanted to purchase some spare's and have a deal on some ford rims.

2. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Anyone????????????

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

This was in the Chevy truck category so if the 3500 is indeed a Chevy,didn't you already answer your own question?To be sure though,why not just measure your pattern and center hole against the sellers?

4. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Thanks for the reply, for some reason the newer ford rims looked a little different.

5. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

yes it is. both are 8x6.5 bolt pattern

6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Excellent! out of curiosity are they currently all the same or differ in the later years?

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have over 10+ years as tire tech and mechanic.

some will swap over some will not swap.

check the hub hole dia . on both the stock on your truck and the rims you want.

there is visual diffrences over the years. and the hub hole size is diffrent.

had a guy come in with 4 used drw rims. said mount up 4 new tires. were gona be his winter tires. 1 week later he was back gettin tires swaped to his ( on the truck rims ) as the 4 he got wouldnt fit the rear.

8. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up, that is what I was afraid of.

9. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

8- lugs

ford and dodge factory 8-lug rims will fit on chevy...chevy won't fit on ford.

10. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

also dont forget drw rims center on the hub . so if you install rims with to big of a hub hole or spacers to run fatter tires the rim or rims will not center on the axle hub and can cause a vibration problem. then you will be trying to fix a problem that you might not find unless you read this and understand it.

just cause it fits and bolts up dosnt mean its 100% correct.

12. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Good thought, will check that out....thanks!

13. glennemay

glennemay Member

If they are Ford rims and you cannot use them, I would be interested in picking them up. I live in Massachusetts so we'd have to arrange a pickup time.

Glenn

14. Stan

Stan Senior Member

There are 4 rims up for grabs. I'm taking 2 of the 6 but need to break down the tires this week. The other 4 were going back to the person I bought the tires from. PM an offer and I'll relay it him.