1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dually pushing Snow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sharpm, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Sharpm

Sharpm Junior Member

Hi Guy
    I was just wondering if there are maney guys out there plowing snow with Ford 4x4 dually pickups? I was just wondering what some adbvantge with a dually are and some disadvantges. I know they will plow snow, but i don't have much expeience with a dually truck and was just wondering. I just looked at a 1992 Ford F-350 Dually reg cab,with 460 big block, and manual trans with a steel flat bed, with a Western 81/2 foot plow. Just wondering how that dually truck would push snow compared to a normal truck. Thank You:salute:

2. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

dually

i have never put my 1996 reg cab 250 dually in 4wheel when plowing with only about 1500-2000lbs salt in bed. duallys rock for plowing

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

sounds like you need some steeper driveways:D

4. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

I have very rarely ever needed 4wheel drive either.

However, I don't suggest any plow under 9'. Wheel to wheel you are 8 ft wide on the back. with an 8'6" plow when angled you will be driving in the snow with your rear wheels.

5. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member