1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dually Plow truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rs services, Sep 24, 2009.

1. rs services

rs services Junior Member

I am looking for some advice about using a 07 GMC CC long bed for plowing mostly parking lots but a few driveways. I was wondering about performance and how big of a blade to put on.
  2. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

I've got a 9'2" on my 99 Dodge Dually. Id say from my research and from wiser men than I, a 9'2" is the way to go for a dually. It'll work for driveways, but it's a tad bit overkill. Ever consider a rear plow?
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I had a 8'6" Western MVP Plus and the Western wings. I liked this set up better over the 9'6" because I could take the wings off for long drives which took some of the weight off the front end.
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We have a 9.5 western v on the exact same truck you're describing. I'd imagine its a little too much truck for constant driveway work-(we only do ours). But handles the plow and lots very well. See my profile pics.
  5. rs services

rs services Junior Member

do you have to do anything to the front suspension or is it ok with stock suspension I was thinking about extendable plows
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would put the Timbrens in, turn up the torsion bars and either change some of the front end parts now or put in heavy duty parts as they wear out. Tierods, pitman and idler braces and maybe better shocks. You might want to weld in the gussets as well.
  7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's way too big for driveways.