1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dually & 4x4 snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GLS, Nov 21, 2001.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Anybody see these yet? I was at farm & fleet and saw the yardman dually. It's a beast...it weighs a ton!

2. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

can you say marketing gimmic?
    dan

3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I saw the cub cadet last year marketed as a craftsman 4x4 blower looks like another case of a different paint job

4. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Were these at the F&F in Moline? I was there last Thursday and didn't see them.

5. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

What is the width, hp and $ of the dually?

6. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen Junior Member

Think the dually is a 13 hp 45"cut for about $2300

7. Kent Lawns

Thanks, Mike!

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Someone tell Casey quick!!!

9. casey

casey Banned

Unless there's some kind of diff kit it would be pretty tough on the shoulders&back in extended use. The Toro PS units with diff. would likely have the same traction in rear wheel mode & be easier to maneuver. Never used one but the 13hp is likely not enough to power a 45" swath.

10. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Yeah, I've seen them arround hee under diffrent names cant remember what tho.
    Casey does have a point that thay would be hard to turn if the wheels were locked. I imagine thay took that into concideration during design.

The blowers I like are the ones with Tracks, like a dozer only to scale. Havent seen them arround latly. Thay were on a chain drive much like a WB belt drive for turning. Only problem with them is thay lacked blowing power. People would get the thing jamed in the snow and with snow, by going to fast. That was the only way to stop them.
    Most blowers are not hard to turn at all as usually snow and ice are slick.

11. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Jeffrey:

Yes, this was at the farm and fleet in moline. I only saw the yard man dually, not the cub cadet, I just found that on their web page. It was just to the left of the toy land setup.

All of the specs and pricing are on their web pages (mtdproducts.com).

12. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

Casey, I own a toro snow blower with power shift. When the power shift is engaged most of the machines weight is on the front of the machine so it dosnt have much traction. You actually have to put some pressure down on the handles to get it to move in certain instances. This machine will go through 2 ft of snow without lifting up over the snow wich is great...but does it have traction...no!

13. casey

casey Banned

True. The only time we use PS is for banks at the end of drives. Haven't had a problem with slippage with the dif locked and PS off and with PS on it usually plows right through unless it's heavily compacted. That dually would likely run through 10 ft of snow if they put on a bigger engine to clear. How would you turn that beast???
    BTW Toro now claims the dif kit is standard on all PS units, but if you buy in Canada it doesn't come included, which they neglect to mention. Dealer install & kit after purchase cost about $500 more than the 1232 PS which for some reason had the dif kit preinstaled when Toro claimed it as an option. I've been burned by Toro snow & lawn due to their innacurate literature. I now ask alot of questions when buying Toro.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2001
  14. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Saw the Cub Cadet at Walmart. $1395.00 Has levers under the left and right grips for turning better. Want to turn left, grab the left one, want to turn right, then squeeze the right one. These along with the normal drive lever. Looked sweet. I recall had a 33" mouth on it and a 13hp motor.

OryanO, ready for some white stuff in the quad's? Are you independant or do you contract with someone?

15. Mike Paulsen

the blowers have power steering . The work very good. My blowers have them. They are friction drive. When one of the controls on the handles are pulled then it stops drive to that side of the blower. We've put both controls on the right side so the left hand is free to run the shute at all times. Ours have track drive and I wish we had tires now because I think they would be faster.

16. casey

casey Banned

Is that on a Cub, Honda or somehing bigger?
    Would love to convince Toro to produce a 3215 hydro t-bar PS with joystick chute control.

17. Mike Paulsen

That's on a craftman 928. Made by MTD. Have a yardman that has it to. Right now I'm looking at by a com. walk behind mower and have a blower from Rad put on it. Exmark and Snapper are at the top of my list. Exmark would be better for the mowing part of the year but with snapper you buy the traction unit and add the deck size to it .With snapper you can go with a 23hp engine and i think the more power for snow the better.

18. Kent Lawns

You can get 23hp Kaw or 23hp Koh on the eXmark and add a 52" or 60" deck.

I don't know who makes a snowplower that would bolt right on, though.

~Sounds like a custom fab job.

19. casey

casey Banned

Rad attachments page for Exmark claims a 44" swath blower for a TT46" WB????

Also this catch 22 statement "requires an optional drive kit"

Think I'd prefer to stick with designated blowers.

20. GLS

GLS Senior Member

J.Henderson, i'm waitin for the snow...I hope it's like last year, that was quite of bit of snow for this area. I am just independant.