1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dual wheel set up on 1990

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by landscaper3, Nov 15, 2001.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

We just bought a 1990 Dodge W-350 4WD pickup with a plow and put a used 2-3 yrd PTO dump body on and cannot seem to locate a set of used dual rims 16" in New England , Maine, NH, Mass ? Dealer wants 100plus a piece for but we are probley going to sell it and thought putting dual wheels will help the sale! Any ideas would help?

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Do you plan to sell the truck right away, or is this something you're looking at for future consideration?

Don't know about your area, I know that here the tire shops (especially ones that do a lot of truck tire work and service calls) are well connected for obtaining rims, they generally have at least a few in stock.

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

If the truck is presently SRW its a little more complicated than just adding two more to the back...

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

You can buy a kit from JC Whitney but I would not use it. You need to change the rear axles, brakes, housing, suspension, etc. I have done this before. If you are not going to keep it don't bother.

5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

dodge duals

just looked on e-bay and there is a set of wheels for under $200.
    thought i'd pass on the info.
    Mark K

6. landscaper3

We have done this same conversion to a 88 a few years back its a 1ton all that we need is longer studs its got the big axles and rear end ready for dual wheels, We will sell this anytime between now and spring until then we will still use it to plow, E-Bay rims are for a 1994-2001 rear axle is different size. We tried a set from a 2000 but our axles are bigger in the center. We were looking for used ones at salvage yards or simular companies around our region.

7. MLI

MLI Member
    from Boston

Was That You Brian?!?!

Hey Brain...im from Mass.
    I was driving up Rt302 in Maine heading towards Waterford when I think I passed your shop in Raymond.....was that you? My wifes folks have a vacation home on a lake in Waterford.

8. landscaper3

Yes that was us on RTE 302 in Raymond! If ya by this area agian stop in, we could use some plowing help (LOL)
    Brian