1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dual battery

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by T-Trim, Nov 11, 2007.

1. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

I would like to add a dual battery set up. I looked up online to see about installing kits. Kits run about 100 bucks. I also checked my Helm's manual. And saw it was simply a wire connecting the two + together. Can it work that way with the simple battery connection, The wiring kit, or Both?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just connect them pos to pos and neg to neg. Do a search here as theirs several good threads about duel battery setups..
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I am following you around B&B your almost at 2000 posts.
    Like he said use the Search Function on the gray line above. Search "duel batteries, charging, low power" Some posts may even have pictures of where they put the extra battery etc. It's an issue beat to death here many times a year. There will be many many posts you can read. Always use the heavy duty part / setup if it's available. You can get higher output alternators off the INTERNET too. Most are just a swap in job. You might have to put a larger gage wire leading to the batteries when you go that route.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:eek: Jeez Micki..I didn't even notice..the last time I remember looking I was around 1400 or so a while back...... I've only been here for a year as of last week..so I guess the title of being a PS addict is correct after all! :nod:
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

exactly what i was going to say