1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dual battery tray

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mike9497, Dec 28, 2002.

1. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

anyone know of a company that makes dual trays for a f150 or f250???

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Can you buy one for a diesel amd mount it up,that what I do on my GM gassers,i install the extra battery for insurance,and reserve capacity.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Depending on what year the truck is, you can do as John suggests. I believe '97 is the year the 150 changed to the current body style, that year and newer there's no provision for factory dual batteries. On earlier models, the second battery tray from diesel versions of the 250 and 350 from the same year will bolt in.

The 250 up to '96 will have the same tray as the diesel versions as well. Then they split the model to the 250 and 250HD for '97. The 250 is a beefed up 150 and again has no factory provision for a second tray, while the 250HD carries the older style and can use the diesel tray again.

There was no '98 250HD, the Super Dutys were introduced mid year as '99 models. With these models you can again use the diesel tray as a bolt in with a few other modifications.

There's another thread currently running on this subject that you might get other ideas from.

4. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

its a 97 f250 ld

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Well you'll have to make one up on your own if you really want a second battery.If there is room a fabrication shop should be able to weld one for you that you can bolt in.Might not be worth the hassle though if its real tight.

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

I seem to remember a company , think it was called timken or something like that , they made all sorts of neat 4x4 stuff , like dual batt trays, They were primarliy jeep , but that was years ago, may have expanded by now.... ?? I'll do a search and see if I can find them and post the link..

7. SCAPEASAURUSREX

from NJ

Found them

Its Tomken mahcine,,, www.tomken.com
    But they are still only jeep stuff.. May take a look anyway, they might work for other applications.. Found them under accessories, 2nd or 3rd page.. They said they were desgined for dual optima batts... If youve got a jeep though,, wow, they really have some cool stuff....

8. SCAPEASAURUSREX

from NJ

9. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i found one guys.not sure if i could run the regular motorcraft batteries i have but will see.thanks for all the help