1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dual battery setup 2004 Ram 2500 4x4

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bmorwood, Dec 20, 2006.

1. bmorwood

bmorwood Junior Member

I need some help. I own a 2004 Ram Regular Cab 2500 HD, with the Hemi. I would like to install dual batteries, but don't know where to mount it. It is also my work truck and need the entire box for work. Any advise would be great.
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

You would need to change out your airbox to make more room on passenger side
  3. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

do a search for this it was talked about not to long ago some one on here had theirs mounted inder the truck bed in a box they made and it was tucked up nice and clean you couldnt even tell it was there (very nice set up by the way who ever it was).
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You can get a second batt tray for the passenger side from your dealer.
    All of the holes Are all ready there for it.
    There are a couple of mounting spots on it for the vac lines that are in the area also.
    yes you may need to move some stuff around to make it work or you need to get a batt box and mount it to the frame rail some where.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  5. BigDave12768

Sno Farmer that pic is out of an older truck with a magnum. He has the Hemi and a 3rd gen. Not nearly as much room
  6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

yep no room with hemi, it needs to go infront of the rear tires, tons of space, just need water proof box that will still let the battery vent.
  7. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

bump interested in pics? would like dual batteries on my '04 2500 w/ a hemi
  8. BigDave12768

Try Deisel truck resource for pics. I think some of them have done 3rd's in bed.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I run a full size battery on my bed salter and connect the batteries together using some heavy guage wires and a quick connect. Much like having jumper cables connected from front to rear without the alligator teeth. Much better to draw the power for the salter with short as possible distance, thus delivering more amps and better performance. NTM the plow can also pull from the back battery for extra amperage.
  10. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Also have a 2500 Hemi, definitely a lot less room under there than my '97 1500 with the 5.9, even though it was a bigger (displacement, anyway) engine. So aside from buying a new air intake of some sort, is there any way to get a 2nd battery under the hood, or do I have to go under the truck somewhere?
  11. BigDave12768

In the truck bed seems to be best idea