1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dual battery Set Up 00 2500 Old Body

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by vwmurph, Nov 7, 2005.

1. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

Hi I have a 2000 2500 Chevy old body style with a 5.7 . trying to put in a second battery, but dealer won't help me with part #s for the battery cables. I want to use factory cables and battery tray parts. Wondering if anyone has the part #s or a VIN for a 2000 5.7 that came with factory dual batteries. thanks

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you need a new dealer. I would go in and order the parts as if you already had them and were just replacing them. How can they say no if you say " I'd like a battery tray and cables for a 00 GM truck with dual batteries, thank you very much." I got one for a 79 half ton that way from the dealer. If they say its not available order them for a diesel, my 97 came with dual batteries and I guarantee you my battery trays would fit your truck if its 2000 or older.

3. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

I tried to do that but the parts guy said that without a valid VIN he would have to search through 5 pages of cables to try to find the right ones. I had no problem getting the tray and hold down, I 'm just trying to get the cables sorted out.