1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dual battery question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mr.PLOWSI, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Mr.PLOWSI

Mr.PLOWSI Member

Does anybody have a link where I can get a diagram on the wiring process of adding a battery to the electrical system, thanks,

2. Pic

Its actually quite simple, i don't know what kind of truck you have, but I have a 99 K2500 chevy (old body style) and if you interesed i could take some pics of how they did mine. NOTE: with the second battery i also added a larger alternator which made a bid differerence. I DO have a front and back blade though, which draws about twice as much as just a front blade
  3. RHarrah

RHarrah Member

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

5. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

Deep cycle marine battery plus..

Last season i ran a 875 CCA deep cycle marine battery with a regular 875 CCA battery both were purchase new on the same day.I also ran a 84 amp delco alternator that puts out more amps at a lower RPM.Ya this is off the wall idea,but it worked great.I have yet to find any anyone else using this configuration. Welded wrenches
  6. Mr.PLOWSI

Mr.PLOWSI Member

After I wrote this post, I went to start my truck (haven't started it in 6 weeks) and the battery was dead. Put my battery charger on and it started. Let the truck run for 1/2 hour, tried to start the truck 2 days later and the battery was dead again. So, from researching, the battery is fried after 2 seasons of plowing which I think is about right. I will be adding a 2nd battery to my system and most likley upgrading the alternator.

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

go to a dealer and have them put them in so its done right. :waving: