1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dual battery install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lodogg89, Dec 4, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

I started installing my dual batteries tonight, I went to sears and bought 2 diehard gold batteries. 795 cca's each. I didnt feel like buying the gm mount and install kit for the battery to i cut a piece of steel plate 5x7 inches and drill a hole in it for the bolt. Stuck it there. Holding the battery down is a heavy duty strap and buckle. System seems to work good and cost be $2.79. I will take a couple pictures tomorrow when i put the wiring in. Im going to be putting 4 gauge wire. Positive to Postive. Grounding the second battery to the frame. Im also going to be upgrading all my other grounds and alternator connections to 4 gauge. pics to come.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a thread in here somewhere i used the factory gm plate to red optima batteries

3. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I am thinking about doing the conversion but I was thinking of using the optima yellow top for the deep cycle....any advantage or disadvantage of the red vs yelllow?

4. PLOWMAN45

ones a deep cycle i have these 2 now red ones later down road i might put 2 deep cycles in

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Once you get them in put up the picture. I have to put one in on a 2004 chevy 2500 later this week. thanks

6. Not your thread but...

This thread is a couple of years old but it's very detailed..

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=23825

7. PLOWMAN45

i have my own setup on one these threads i just did mine in summer of 07

8. SE+C

SE+C Member

Has anyone done this setup for the 88 to 98 body style pickups

9. Bill 211

Bill 211 Member

i've got dual gels in my 88 , ill see if i can get some pics up tomorrow

10. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

yes i was just thinking today i need to get another battery installedwesport

11. Bill 211

Bill 211 Member

here ya go
    [​IMG]