1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DUAL BATTERY / BLIZZARD 810 need quick answer

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by PetalsandPines, Feb 22, 2007.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Got an 07 Duramax diesel with two batteries. Which battery does the Blizzard 810 get hooked up to??? Main or Auxilliary???

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Aren't they hooked together, in series I believe?

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Hook to the one on the Drivers side, install the solenoid underneith the black fender bracket by the firewall, mount it upside down right to the bracket.

4. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Unless they are 6 volt batteries they are connected in parallel. Trucks do not like to see 24v for some reason. :)

For parallel batteries it does not matter which battery you connect to. Choosing which requires the shortest cables should be the concern, and the drivers side battery usually works for this like Johnny mentioned.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Crap, I couldn't remember which it was. I'll try to imprint that on my brain so I do in the future.

Sorry. :eek:

6. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

How about the P in parallel = "P"low ???

S in series = "S"crewed up truck?

:)

This of course is for 12v batteries.

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Or

P in parallel = the "P"u**y you will be getting when your truck runs.

S in series = "S"leeping alone when your truck does not run.

Just trying to help. :)

8. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

The batteries are factory (Chevy) installed, just wasn't sure which battery gets the power from the plow. The reason I ask is because my former truck (8.1 vortec) had the same factory setup and the plow was on the main battery. As the main battery got worn out over the years the truck wouldn't start even with having a backup battery. However, I would be able to jump the main battery from the aux battery (aux battery always had a full charge) Didn't make too much sense to me.....What was the purpose of a second battery if it didn't pick up the slack of the main??

9. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Are you sure the old truck did not have an isolator? That would be the only way to describe your issue there.

Unless there is some isolator that I am not aware of in the 2007 (camper package maybe), the two batteries are connected in parallel and can be treated as one battery. That is, any combination of positive and negative will give you 12 volts.

Here is a pic of how the batteries are connected in the 2007. Hope it helps.

battfa6.gif

10. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

Your gas engine had an isolator. Your diesel does not.

The pic drawn above is correct for what you have now.

11. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Gm offers 2 Aux battery options. One is 2 batteries in parallel as in the diesels. the other option is the Power pac which puts a solenoid between the 2 batteries. This was used mostly with people wanting Aux power (Like contractors running inverters for power tools).