1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dual Batteries

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Farmer_01, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

Has anyone installed or seen dual batteries installed under the hood on the new third gen Ram trucks. I am interested in this type of setup without having to install a 2nd batt. in the pass. compartment or in the bed.:help:
  2. db27

db27 Member

2nd batt

the diesel models have 1 on each side.You should be able to order the batt tray from your local dodge steeler (dealer) for a diesel model and the batt cables to.
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

cannot be done...

the size of the Hemi does not allow room for a second battery under the hood. best place to mount is going to be under the bed in front of the rear tires behind the cab in a water proof box of some sort.
  4. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

I hadn't thought of mounting a 2nd battery there. I just installed some running boards on my truck and noticed all of the open space while under my truck.:) I know what I will be doing next weekend, mounting up a second battery next to the rear wheelwell.