1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dual Batteries

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mrplowdude, Oct 14, 2005.

1. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I have an 02 350 and can't find a place to put a second battery. Anyone have one and maybe a pic.
  2. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Most likely, your electrical system is not set up to handle 2 batteries. If you do find a location to put it, you might have to do a lot of rewiring and alternator altercations....Good Luck
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Some of our squads have them mounted to the inside frame rail in the middle of the truck. All the ambulances are PSD's and there is not much room under the hood on some years. Go to some used truck dealers and look and see where they put the battery.They will be glad to help you if they think your buying.
  4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

dual battery

no such thing as "an electrical system not set up for two batteries"
    You will not be wiring them to make a 24 volt system, just a 12 volt with more power behind it. I mounted my dual battery in the front of the bed mounted in a custom box.No problems powering the plow, sander, lights, heat.....
  5. housedad

housedad Junior Member

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Our Ambulances ( E-350 Vans ) have 2 alternators (PSD's) and 4 batteries on them. Most have 2 under the hood and then there is a compartment on the drivers side in front of the back wheel with a door. It has 2 more batteries in it with a switch on the light panel for "emergency power". It can be done, how about one in a battery box in your cross bed tool box? Buy welding cable in lenghts you need and add terminals to it.