1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dual batteries?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by STIHL GUY, Nov 28, 2010.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i just bought my first plow. it is a 8' Fisher minute mount. i have heard that some people run dual batteries but i was wondering if i need to run duals for my 05 2500HD or not? thanks
  2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Do a search and also check out the "tabbed" thread at the top of this forum. Lots of discussion about it on here.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How much plowing will you be doing?
  4. cycles13

cycles13 Junior Member

I have a 06 2500HD and have never run dual batteries. Been out plowing for 2 days and never had the
    need. I also run a spray system in truck at the same time.
  5. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

i have two optima batteries in my truck. I have the xls plow, and a lot of lights so its a little more comforting, but you should be ok
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I run duals, I have an xls, lights and truckcraft insert and salter. Easy install and it is always good to know you have some more juice under the hood.
  7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Just do the Duals !!!
    You'll be glad you did down the road..
    Much easier on the whole system..
  8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Do the duals with the recommended ground and charge wire upgrades. Best money you will spend. Just did my truck a few weeks ago and it is much better. Put the plow on and the gauge hardly moves when I move the blade. As the saying goes better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it