1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dual Batteries

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by peterng, Nov 15, 2010.

1. peterng

peterng Senior Member

I've got a 2000 Ford f150 7700. How would I go about putting 2 batteries in it.

More specifically, would 2 batteries solve this problem:

First off, I thought this truck was already supposed to have a HD alternator in it. The battery that's in it is 1050 CCA and 2 years old. When I raise the plow, it dims all the truck lights. I'd like to lessen this effect.
  2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

My truck does too. I really don't worry about it though and I start moving immediately. If all you are running is a plow and nothing excessive in regards to exterior warning lighting, I would not worry about it unless it really bothers you. Your money.
  3. wva

wva Member

hi to do it right imo take two new batts with same cca 1000cca run heavy ga wire + to +
    run two new heavy ga neg. wire to the block. no isolater needed. make sure to strap the
    2nd batt down hope this help. also running a heavier charge wire will help:waving: