1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DTC 24 VCC speed sensor problem - can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 1986k30, Aug 24, 2003.

1. 1986k30

1986k30 Junior Member

Ok, let me try and explain. I just bought a 1986 K30 pickup. The engine has been swapped to a fuel injected gm 350. The entire truck has been rewired to that of a 1991 Blazer (to run the fuel injection). Only problem is, I can't figure out what to do about check engine light. About a mile down the road the ECU realizes it's not getting a speed sensor signal and kicks on the CEL. DTC 24 is all i get. As far as I know (and I'm new to trucks so bare with me) the 91 blazers had the np208 transfer cases with the vcc plug right on them. The 86 K30 has the big old style cast iron TC. What can I do about getting a VSS signal to the computer? I'm sure it's not doing anything good for the truck to not have it, and I'm already noticing odd shifting behavior because of it. The speedometer works fine, though i beleive the whole instrument panel was swapped from the blazer as well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

If I remember correctly,the speed sensor is inside the speedo head.Maybe someone disn't swap the correct speedo,or your speed sensor is no good.