1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DT 466E sender help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Dec 21, 2015.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Guys,
    Can anyone familiar with the dt 466E please tell me what the sender at the bottom of this picture with one wire on it is for? I noticed mine has rusted off the sender. I have not really driven this truck yet ( bought at auction)it's on part of the fuel system/injection pump?
    Thanks,
    Steve

dt 466e sender.jpg

2. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Low switch for the air buzzer, if it sits on top of the air compressor next to the cooper line.

3. xtreem3d

Thank you very much
    Steve

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Any reason you are playing with the ECM?
    I have the IH repair discs for that engine if ya ever need code info.

5. xtreem3d

Hi Randall,
    That isn't my truck , just a pic from the web . BTW...where did you buy the discs...I'd like to have them?
    Steve

6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

I got them right from International. These are just repair information. I do not no if you can still buy that way, call your dealer and ask. These ain't cheap. You would also want a scanner with the correct software for the engine.