1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DSS Steering Stabilizer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fencible39, Jun 12, 2007.

1. fencible39

fencible39 Junior Member
    from W. Mass

Well, I've ordered one of Darin's steering stabilizers to put on my 1999 Ram 2500.
    I've looked at all the pictures of the installations and looked under my truck, and it looks like I'll have to modify the factory installed Fisher minute mount plow mounts..
    Wondering if anyone has done this already? I've seen that Boss plow mounts need mods and I'm sure from looking at mine that it will also. Wondering if I can weld the mount directly to the steering stabilizer as I'll have to cut a hunk out of the mount it appears .

Anybody done this? If so, any pics??

Thanks.

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Been wondering the same thing... I have planned on just getting the pillow block and shaft extension and useing the MM fram as the stabiliser, since so much of it it just duplicated in the DSS stabilizer.