1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DSS steering brace and western ultramount

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Dirty Jersey, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Hello all, Will a Western snow plow and DSS steering brace work together? It looks like the ultramount will mount where the steering brace is now. I'm hoping I don't have to make modifications. Thanks for any help.

John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/66881.03_051508.pdf

2. Dirty Jersey

Wow! I'm surprised no one had issues being how crappy the front ends are on these trucks. LOL!

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i guess your going to let us know how it works:drinkup:

4. Dirty Jersey

LOL! Pretty much Sno Commander. I might have to bust out the welder and do some fab work. :drinkup:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  5. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

From the picture you posted and the instruction photo, they look like they will not fit together.

6. Dirty Jersey

Hello, I worked on the mount today. I worked on the passenger side of truck. I lowered steering brace and sway bar. I was able to get the bracket up and in. And remount the brace and sway bar. The drivers side should be more of a challenge. So far so good. If not I will weld up some me brackets for steering brace. Good thing I'm a certified welder and my bro has a fabricating shop. I'll post my results.

Thanks,

John

7. dcff

dcff Junior Member

let me know! I've got the same brace...and i dont know if this plow frame will fit!

8. K20-69-POS

K20-69-POS Junior Member

Did this go well, I am thinking of getting a plow on my '96 cummins and I have the steering brace.

9. Dirty Jersey

Hello, And yes it did. All I had to do is a little grinding on the snowplow bracket. Also need to get longer bolts for the rear portion of bracket. It slid right under the steering brace. And went in great. I plowed thru all the storms this past year. If you need pics or info on the bolts I can get them to you. Just to let you all know I did the ultra to unimount set up.

Thanks,

John