1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drying time for FF???

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by bharry20, Nov 27, 2008.

1. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

so I got my free sample (thanks!) and tried it out on a small piece of metal as i wanted to play around with the stuff to see how it worked. so far the only use i have found to be effective is using it as a penetrant on rusty things. add heat and it works even faster. the piece of metal I sprayed it on, to see if it would make the hard coating everyone talks about, still hasen't dried at all in about 12 hours. the metal had no paint on it and was in my garage that was at a steady 70 degerees. how long should this stuff take to dry? as i don't see it working for me as i really don't have a full day to have trucks down to allow the stuff to completly dry before use.

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

You'll be waiting a long time, it's not supposed to dry.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i have never heard anyone say anything about a hard coating

4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Are you maybe confusing FF with POR-15? It's a different product all together, but it forms a hard coating over rust. I've never heard of FF becoming a hard coating either.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

After about 5 months of sitting outside all winter, the FF will start to dry where it is exposed to sun. It goes a crusty white colour. I don't see why he wants it to dry though, no good rust preventer dries, it's suppose to wet but not drip, that way it keeps seeping into cracks. JMO

6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

That's for sure, I sprayed the lower lip of the doors on my Dakota and it's worked it's way half up the outside of the door. :jester:

Maybe I should just give up waxing and just coat the whole truck.

7. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Yes. Yes you should. :nod:

:D

8. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

well i guess i just don't understand how this stuff works. as i took the test piece and threw it in the snow back and the stuff sticked to the piece of metal. i emagine if you sprayed it down the stuff would come right off but as for an undercoating i would prefer ruberized undercoating at this point. and a good coat of paint cures all my problems of stuff sticking to the blade. this product just wasn't what i expected, sorry.xysport

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you confusing FF with Saltaway or POR-15? All three are discussed here often. We have fabulous results with FF. I have customers that buy it by the gallons to spray salters, sanders, boat trailers, plows, truck undercarriages, mower decks, bridge under pinnings, coast guard ships and equipment, electrical components, the double hung sliders, boat motors, the list goes on and on.

It out performs undercoatings as is runs into cracks, behind loose paint, into hidden nooks and cranny's.

11. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

as stated in another thread if you ruberize the underside of the truck you will just trap the rust in and won't see it, as well you won't stop it etheir it will just eat from the inside out..." It out performs undercoatings as is runs into cracks, behind loose paint, into hidden nooks and cranny's" quote

12. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

sorry guys, your not going to sell me on the stuff. i am happy with the products i use now. i just can't seem to find a use for FF right now.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not a problem, it's your equipment.:D

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Now were is that rope........

15. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

bharry20, Where did you get the free sample of Fluid Film?

16. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

from the fluid film guy on this site