1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drying out

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jim Prill, May 26, 2004.

1. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

drying out after the des plaines river goes down here in norther illinois. Wish it was snow instead. :(

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

A lot of hard work going on over there. Hope you didn't lose much.
    Speaking of snow, I remember plowing a late snow maybe six years back, in D.P., and the water was shooting out of the manholes on most of the streets within a 1/2 block of the river, and we were plowing the slush out to the street, which was lightly flooded. Almost to where a sidewalk would be. Plowing snow and delivering trash pumps and gas. The rain can stop now, the grass is doing fine.:rolleyes:

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I hope you guys fare OK.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I am about tired of the rain in the Ohio valley!
    I have 8.5 acres of land in a National Park river valley. I have tried to mow every week. It seems to grow 8 inches a week. I no longer get 1/2 of it done and it rains again for two days. Then it gets cold enough for snow for two nights, what's next? Locust? Plague? The dead rise?

Last edited: May 31, 2004