1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drug testing

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ahoron, Jan 12, 2009.

1. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Wondering if anyone here drug tests their employees?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do you mean how much dope they can smoke and still plow?:rolleyes:
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice answer Grandview, lol.
    Yes I have all of my employees drug tested at least once a year, sometimes more. Why do you ask?
  4. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

If you have CDL drivers, by law you have to. If you don't and still want to test I would suggest that you enroll in pool that randomly selects your drivers, that way they can't accuse you of "picking on them" There are alot of issues that can come back to bite you in the a** if you just decide when you want to send someone for a drug test without "probable cause", even if you sent him and it came back positive for drugs, fire him and he could have a case if everyone wasn't tested in a fair or equal manner. The best trick I have is the pre employment drug screen. If they look shady I tell aplicants that they will have to do one and those guys never seem to get back to me with their application, go figure!
  5. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I worked for a company ( does not have to do with plowing ) that tested everyone that got in any kind of accident and it gives you 3 days off to get the result back

some people used it as a way to get 3 free days off ;) I mean it was easy to get tested you have a paper cut they would send you out for a test :rolleyes:
  6. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Reason I ask is I do construction and if you have an accident/injury you are required to take a test. You fail it's easier to fight a workmans comp claim.
  7. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I am my only employee and so far, fingers crossed, I've passed every one.
  8. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

If you have CDL drivers, by law you have to. ( Quote)

I drove for a private contractor for 2 years and never peed in a cup .

I think you mean bus, hazmat , gov. drivers mandatory.
  9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Nope, he's right.
    If you have CDL drivers driving CMV's (commercial motor vehicles) and a USDT # (which you would if you needed CDL drivers), you have to follow all the rules.
    Which include drug screens to be hired, and a random drug test program

your previous company may not have done it, but when they get audited by DOT, they'll find out they should have.
  10. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

News to me .Thanks