1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dropping plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ajordan193, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

8.6 XV seems to drop when it is completely raised. While driving I have to tap the up button every now and then. Is there an adjustment...suggestions?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It could be that the packing nut is loose on the lift ram, otherwise it is most likley the ....S2 cartridge. I assume you checked the fluid level??

3. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Where on the lift ram can I find this packing nut?

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

it's the big nut on the top of the lifting ram...Don't over tighten it. If it is tight enough where you can't move it by hand, then it's fine. I suspect the cartridge is the real issue. I just went through something quite similar with my XLS, which is the same pump pretty much. Another indication that it may be the packing nut is if there is fluid leaking or seeping out of the top, although that is not always the case.

5. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

ok thanks i will check it out.

6. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

quick question when the plow is falling if you push the down button does it stop? I had this happen to be and dignosed it after a while as dirty connections.