1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drop spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FREDSKI, Feb 18, 2008.

1. FREDSKI

FREDSKI Member

Am looking for a heavy duty drop speader. The only ones I found is a Epoke and thats $1.2000 thats a lot of money for a walk behind spreader and other one called a Olympus spreader there located in the UK going for 399 a pound what ever that means in American money? Does anybody know of any other good drop spreader out there? Ive been using a scotts drop spreader for my sidewalks. The thing thats sucks about it is thats its made out of plastic and its not made for winter. And they keep on breaking from the weight of the salt. The only good thing about a drop spreader you use less salt unstead of a rotory were its all over the place. :realmad:

2. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I have two Agri-fab walk behind spreaders they hold 100 lbs no problem. They are broadcast spreaders but have the deflector shield for side walks. They work good with bagged material, not so good with bulk salt. They have rubber tires that do not skid across ice like the plastic wheels.

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Lesco drop spreader.

It's 36 inches wide. 400 bucks I believe and perfect for walks especially.

4. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Well.

500 bucks.

[​IMG]

5. hardscaper

hardscaper Member
    from usa

6. FREDSKI

FREDSKI Member

Hey Hardscaper can you tell me does any salt gets clog up in that spreader or not? For $1.000 bucks it better spread like butter!

7. hardscaper

hardscaper Member
    from usa

We use them for salt, sand, sand/salt mix, ice melter. Never had a problem with bridging (clogging) they have an agitator in the bottom to keep things flowing. It's the shaft in the picture with the little paddles on it.

Aut_1558.jpg