1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drop spreader with skids?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sodking, Dec 17, 2005.

1. sodking

sodking Member

Has anyone seen a drop spreader with skids/skis on it. I was driving past a condo and saw a persone pushing just such a thing. I couldn't stop to ask him where he got it.

Has any seen this item?
  2. CHPL

CHPL Member

Are you talkimg about a small one for sidewalks? If so They have them at Home Depot for $30
  3. sodking

sodking Member

Yes, I didn't see it at home depot though...
  4. CHPL

CHPL Member

They have about a dozen down here, I bought one to try seems lke it will work on walks ok. Atleast all the melter in gonna be put on walk and not all over. Soon as I try it i will respond to this post
  5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

It doesn't cover the width of the walk, either. The Scotts 200 is a great way to go for this. It is cheap, lightweight, holds 50 lbs., and has the one hole design so it doesn't get plugged up.
  6. sodking

sodking Member

I saw the POS at Home Depot, I don't think it would last 2 storms...What is the Scotts 200?

Currently I use my lesco lawn spreader with the deflectors in place...
  7. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

I've been using a Scotts broadcast spreader for 3 seasons.. still looks and works well. Key is washing it out/off when you wash the truck.