1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drop Spreader or Broadcast Spreader with Deflector

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by krpalex, Nov 13, 2011.

1. krpalex

krpalex Junior Member

I have a lot of sidewalks to clear and deice with Calcium Chloride, the property manager has had problems with bushes dying on the sides of the sidewalks, what would work best, a drop or broad caster with deflector? Thanks
  2. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

We had the same debate going into this season. Went with a Salt Dogg drop spreader. Hopefully save us some salt and vegetation.
  3. Red Bull Junkie

Red Bull Junkie Senior Member

We have used broadcast spreaders in the past and they just don't seem to be worth the money for our operation. The gears strip, they break, and product placement is not accurate (we didn't have deflectors on ours though). We have been using the large Saltdogg scoops which work great.........but kind of a pita on the large properties. Looks like we are going to give the drop spreaders a try this year.
  4. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

I know this thread was from earlier this month but was hopin to here if anyone else uses the drop type salter. Just seems like it would be easier to control where your salt is put down on walks. Just don't want to waist my money if the droppers arent very good.....