1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drop Spreader for Utility Vehicles!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by D Industries, Nov 15, 2012.

1. D Industries

D Industries Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hello everyone! I thought I would post some pictures of a new drop spreader I made for utility vehicles. I won't make this too long-just some quick specs and a few pictures if anyone is interested, contact me, as I am already making more to sell.

I made this because we need a drop spreader for sidewalks but still needed bed space for shovels, and a small salter for steps, and didn't want to change out the bed. It is loadable by forklift, although it weighs about 160lbs. It attaches using two 1/2" stainless steel bolts directly into the sub-frame for the bed. The rear grabs onto the 'lip' of the bed to hold it in place. It also uses the same motor, pulleys, bearings, and belt as western tailgate spreaders, so replacement parts are easily accessible.

Dimensions
    47" wide 26" tall 24" deep
    capacity approx 650-700lbs
    elec drive motor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I know I sure would like more info, but apparently since you aren't a sponsor, you can't mention anything for sale. :rolleyes:

Get to 10 posts so you can PM members with more info.

Thanks MRM for discouraging creativity and entrepreneurship.

3. D Industries

D Industries Junior Member
    from Ohio

Ah we'll sorry about that I was unaware of that rule. Thank you for you interest.

4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Keep posting, I would love to see it and would be very interested.