1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drop speed non adjusting

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by hosenfeffer, Oct 5, 2010.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Looked at the manual and the diagram in the cover and they seem to agree with each other but when I turn the adjustment screw it does not noticeably affect the drop speed and drops with a thud. How slow should this be able to go?
    Thanks
    it is a 81/2 speed wing. Turning the inset flat blade screw if it helps
    thanks marty

2. kandrts

kandrts Junior Member

You can have it go as slow as you want, i have adjusted some to take a couple seconds to drop all the way down.

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

How old of a blizzard is this?

4. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

drop speed

Thanks for asking. All is well now. Took out my manuals and diagrams and followed every connection and nut and bolt. Plow was installed by the new mechanic apparently from loose line sucking air/seeping to a myriad of crate rash on the plow, loose bolts, a piss poor cut out of the air dam , wiring routing that leaves just barely enough cable to get the connector out of the truck.....blah blah blah.
    I suspect the loose line was what it was but seems to work fine now. I know the first major warranty problem is gonna be very interesting. They are not gonna be allowed to touch my truck.
    Guess I should of done it myself but new to Blizzard so I figured let the pro's do the first one. Lesson learned.