1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DRL's on a 2008 Chev 3500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by oakvillerex, Nov 5, 2010.

1. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

Hey folks, I am doing an HID on an 08 1 ton and would like to know if disabling the DRL's is as easy as pulling a fuse like the older trucks, or is there a more complicated and more painful method required?

Thanks in advance.
    Jeff Salt

I hope to not get flamed here for disabling a "safety feature" as the owner of the vehicle is fully aware and requested it because I am installing low beams and fogs at the same time he doesnt want just the lows on as DRL's He drives with his lights on 24/7 anyways but requested them to be disabled.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Should be two 15 amp fuses in the under hood panel labeled DRL. Pull them both.
  3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Or, if you just need to do it now and again, turn the truck off, engage your parking brake to just before it engages, then turn the truck on...no DRL's, turn your headlights or parking lights on as you see fit. I do this alot for surveillance.
  4. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

Thanks to both of you