1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DRL with snowplow wiring hookup?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by redhotrod, Dec 31, 2008.

1. redhotrod

redhotrod Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

Man I'ver searched and searched until my eyes hurt about how to hook up my "old style" snowplow lights from my older meyer plow that I have put on my 1997 chevy k1500. I found a wiring diagram, but I cannot find the Hi and Lo beam wires coming under the dash. How do I go about hooking up my plow lights with the Daylight Running Lights hooked up?

2. redhotrod

redhotrod Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

anyone? :confused:

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I think you need the proper harness for your light system. For the DRL's to work on the plow, there is a module to control that. Had it on mine, but I have no use for the DRL so I ditched it. I still have the module actually and it was good when I pulled it out

4. redhotrod

redhotrod Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I finally got the lights working,
    what I ended up doing is taking 3 pairs of wires through the firewall from my dpdt switch. 1 pair is for the plow lights hi/lo, 2nd pair goes to the wiring harness by the pcm computer under the hood where I cut the tan (lo beam) and the light green (hi beam) wires and connected the switch side, and the 3rd pair goes back to the wiring harness by the pcm to the headlight side of my cut tan and lt green wires.