1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drl wire

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snerdy, Aug 23, 2010.

1. snerdy

snerdy Member

I just wired my 2010 sierra 1500 with the western plow set up. I cannot figure out where the blue drl wire goes, and I have no plow paking lights, everything else works. Any help? Thanks.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think that wire is for your parking lamps not DRL. I have wired a few Westerns and can't remember wiring a DRL. On the drivers side there are 2 wires you have to splice in. 1 is for the signal and the other for the parking lamps. On the passenger side I think there is only the signal wire to splice. IIFC
  3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Its usually gets spliced into the drl wire behind the drl bulb. Not sure on the new trucks ,haven't done one yet. Check the western website for mechanics guide.
  4. snerdy

snerdy Member

Drl wire just stays as is on the 28400 headlight harness for the GMT900 trucks. It comes from Western with a crimped and sealed end. I have everything working now, left that wire alone and have DRLs, strange that the blue wire is there but I will not mess with it.
  5. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

because the older chevy's have the separate DRL bulbs and the newer ones have the dim headlights as the DRL. so there is no separate bulb for DRL and there fore that wire is not needed any longer on the new trucks.
  6. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

I just did mine and the drl has a crimped end like snerdy says. I didnt hook mine up and all mine are good.