1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DRL fuse

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Apr 27, 2008.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys lookin for the DRL fuse in a 04 chevy trail blazer. A buddy of mine is wanting to hook a headlight flasher to the high beams as he is on a local FD but the flasher we have wont work unless the DRL fuse is pulled. And rather go out and get a new flasher for cars with DRLs this would be easier. Plus even if I did have a DRL flasher I would still need to find the fuse to hook the flasher to so anyone with a answer to this, it would help out alot. Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the under hood fuse panel for a fuse marked "HDM" (Location #53 15 amp). It may or may not have it as there's an early and late production '04. If the fuse isn't there check for a relay marked "HDM" in the same panel and pull this relay.

NOTE: Due to the wiring revisions to the DRL's on the TB's/Envoys in '04...pulling the HDM relay may also disable the regular headlights.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Accually found out today that it is a 05 trailblazer, so if it makes a difference I am not sure but...

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, mid '04-up should have the HDM fuse. But it still may affect the normal head lights operation. Just depends on the original vehicle destination. Won't hurt anything to pull the fuse to try them either way.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay thanks B&B. Knew I could count on you to lend a helping hand. Thanks again.