1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

driving with plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cfdeng7, Jan 9, 2009.

1. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

How do you guys drive with ur plows? it seems like every one has a diffferent way to do it?straight? angled?

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I take it off and throw it in the box between jobsites.

Seriously, sometimes straight, sometimes angled. Sometimes high, sometimes low. Not gonna find a "right" answer to this. Just do whatever works.

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

pretty much where ever i decide to put it at the time
    mainly fully raised and straight but sometimes just tap it off the ground angled or straight or whatever and go

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have a plow but if you think about it there is no easy way to drive with a plow, just remember you can't get as close as normal to parked cars :)

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Up and in the V position.

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Thats what she said....:nod:

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

:D LMAO....thats too funny

8. jaymorgan2

jaymorgan2 Junior Member

With our F250s and Western pro 7'8", we drive with the plow straight on and low to avoid overheating issues that have occurred when the plow is any other position. Don't know if the F350 has better airflow, but hopefully that helps.

9. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Same here. I've got an 8' Western Pro on my Ram, I get it about half way up so I can just barely see the top edge infront of the hood. It seems to keep the engine running cooler.

10. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

slightly raised and angled to the left. this allows for better (not good!) fuel mileage, will help if any one else crosses the yellow line, and is easier to turn corners at an intersection.

11. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

up and too the right...

no real reason, other then it is not as wide that way.

12. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I like mine straight...in case I do rear end someone it might cause less damage.

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

14. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

To the right and 1/2 way up.

15. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I actually like to drive with it down. It keeps other drivers away as the sparks fly, Not to mention the sparks are festive around the 4th of July. :D

16. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

I drive with my v-plow in the scoop position so I can move the idiots out of the way...

17. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

All the way up and to the right. Helps shoot you back in the road if you slide into the bank. Plus if someone hits you oncoming the by pass valve will trip, but still lessen the impact.

18. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

deckscapes you need it in the v so you can split the vehical in half if there going to slow

19. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

The couple times I was able to drive my K20 before the carb puked, I put the plow most of the way up and angled it to the left.

20. jhook

jhook Senior Member

put it down and move the snow, you'll make more money with it.

Oh, on the road?

:)

Just off the ground and angled about 1/2 way to the left. Driving on the highway at night, I see more of the road this way and it helps with the cooling.