1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driving Lights vs Replacement Bulbs or both?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AUB1, Nov 19, 2009.

1. AUB1

AUB1 Member

I have an '03 MM2 which unfortunalty came wit the old lights before Intensifiers. Last year I ran the stock bulbs but want to be better prepared this year. I have been checking out various threds here trying to find the best and brightest replacement bulbs but I haven;t bought a set yet. After talking with a few Buddies I went ahead and bought a set of driving lights which I'm going to install on my back rack. They a cheap pkg set ipicked up at Canadian Tire today. Just a rectangular 55watt Halogen driving light.
    Is that a good idea, and should I hook them up to the switch that comes in the kit, or should I hook them up so they're activated from the high beam switch? I am going to put a relay inline also, I have a relay installed for back lights as well.
    So I guess I'm asking if this is a good, inexpensive way to go. If the lights on the plow were decent I wouldn't have to bother but we know about thoes usless lights. Maby I should get a set of replacement bulbs for mine and have the driving lights on a switch for when I need them. I live in a very rural area...way back in the woods really and I need a lot more light. Just asking for some input from you more experienced Guys. By the way the lights I bought were $30..2x 55 watt clear driving lights, a little wire and switch. The brand name is "Blazer"
  2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Get a double pole switch, on-off-on. That way you can have them come on with the switch or whenever you put the high beams on. Having them high like that will help. I did some traveling for work last month and we have some lights on the roof. Saved my but from hitting a couple of moose!