1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

driving exercises

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Dec 19, 2013.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I was wondering if any of you guys get out of the truck and do any stretching of anything like that half way through the night.
    I seen a guy doing this on a lot last event he looked a lil off doing yoga in a lot at 3am haha than I got to thinking thats not a bad idea cause the older I get the stiffer I get after a long night in the truck. So the dude wasn't crazy after all.
  2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I'm still young, so I only get out if I have to shovel, and I don't do any shoveling except one account, and I hire that out lol.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Getting gas and taking a leak is good enough. I do shovel my own driveway when its not to deep ,just to get the blood clots flowing.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

About the same here, maybe take the long way around the truck to pee.
  5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Stretching is usually a good thing to do at times. Personally I'm not gonna be outside in a cold lot doing it because I don't want to look like that fool that you saw.
  6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Getting out to pee, get fuel or load the salter.
  7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I've been known to pull over and perform a Karate Kata every now and then.
  8. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

When I get out to shovel or clean my windshield wipers or drain the inch, I'll stretch sometimes. Other than that I dont get out of the truck.
  9. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Its cold out there.
  10. grandview

That's why they invented a drive thru :D
  11. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I guess i'm getting old (33), i get out and stretch after 3-4 hours of straight pushin.. Seems like ford seats are angled higher.. Back of my legs feel tight.. Need them power seats.. Maybe on the next truck.. Thinking Cummins
  12. grandview

Need those captains chairs in that Ford.
  13. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

The bottom part of my seat is angled all the way down towards the floor - this keeps me from getting too stiff. My knees aren't so high then.
  14. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I have a bad back... I need to get out of the truck and stretch for a couple minutes every 3 or so hours, or I won't get out of the truck even when I want to.....
  15. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Everything i plow is within 4 miles from home. No need to get out and stretch. Plus what I do plow only takes about 2-3hrs total with a few driveways that I have to get out and shovel to clean off what the plow can't get.
  16. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You know that if there's a fresh section of snow around, you can exercise your lower back and write your name at the same time by just rotating your hips a bit. Helps loosen the back up if your name is relatively short.

As long as there aren't cops around, it's perfectly legal to do so.
  17. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

Tryn to convince my wife to come with and give me a massage every couple hours since she is a massage therapist. But......... I don't think much plowing will get done hhehehe well mabe a difernt kinda of plowing hahaha :)
  18. jim5x5

jim5x5 Member

Every time I need to fuel up or write my name in the snow I'll stretch a little.
  19. Mega cab

Mega cab Member

Yes mainly after 8 or 10 hours I start to get out and do a little bit. Then get back to work.
  20. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I don't do much excercising while plowing, but, in my spare time, I'm really big into cross country skiing. It's a really nice work out.