1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveways with pavers

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tonylillo, Sep 15, 2013.

1. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

Looks like I will have a couple of contracts this year with pavers, what do you guys suggest for a cutting edge. I know I cant plow with the steel edge as that will scratch the stones. Do you recommend a rubber edge or a plastic edge? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Tony

2. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Rubber would probably the best...Poly will work also..Just have to be a little careful...xysport

3. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

I was thinking about Rubber also, and I can still use this edge on blacktop and concrete driveways also?

4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Take this for what it's worth I've seen guy's use p.v.c pipe they make it a little longer put caps on the end router out the middle and bundgey cord to the plow easy on easy off if you only need it for a few stops

5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Rubber might mark the stones up and PVC would also mark the stones not to mention it would be brittle in the cold. I've ran a Urethane edge on a back plow with great success for sometime. Wont do too well on pealing up hard pack. Quieter then steel also. They can also make poly plow shoes. That was something I was looking at doing as I have some stamped concrete driveways. I just feather the plow for those driveways and the snow seams to slide off nicely anyhow when I back drag them.

Polar Edge

6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Just rrun the steel edge on it and you will be fine. The entrance to my shop is done out of pavers and we haven't had an issue yet. Unilock factory is just down the road and the entire lot is done with pavers. We used to plow it and never had an issue there either. They were never concerned about it right from day 1.

7. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Just use the steel edge, I plow a driveway with pavers and hasn't had any damage yet