1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

driveways with a snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DRP Mowing, Dec 21, 2004.

1. DRP Mowing

DRP Mowing Junior Member

I am doing some driveways in a trailer court and i am using a snowblower to do them since i dont have a proper truck to use a blade. anyway customers are loving the way they look Turf not being dug up and stuff like that. Plus there isnt much room to stack snow there and we get tons of snow. Hope everyone is doing well this year. I have had 4 times that i went out so far.

2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I've been out about 6 times... plowing each time. Here's what I use on sidewalks. A Bolens G14 with 42" snowplow. Sadly, it does dig up lawns, as it dug up mine.

This is a photo from a few winters ago. Today, it has a cab on it, without the doors. I haven't put my tire chains on yet this year, or wheel weights. It's only 2wd, and plows great. I use it for sidewalks and hard to get places. I need something new though. Maybe a Kubota front-mount mower for doing sidewalks, or a Holder C240 or whatever the model is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

how do the bolens hold up?
    I see you said you sell them for $1000?

seems like a good deal considering my snow thrower was $800