1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway Superplow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Backwards Plow, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Backwards Plow

Backwards Plow Junior Member

I am looking for a guy who manufactured a plow that mounted on the trailer hitch of a suv.He was out of Rochester NY. Sounds crazy but it really worked! I use it as a spare plow.The ph. # on the plow Co. is disconnected and the website is down. I'm looking for another one with the wireless option. maybe someone has one and wants to sell or knows someone?

2. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

3. gmcdan

gmcdan Senior Member

4. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Have never seen that one before!

5. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

I believe he means one of these. More like a back blade that runs off of a Meyer pump.

[​IMG]

6. Backwards Plow

DaveCN5
    your the man! Where can I find another one of these?

7. Fish_thumper

Fish_thumper Junior Member
    from Oregon

I have one that we kept as a spare and used it a few times when we did not have enough plows. I have sold that company and retained that plow in case I needed one for myself. I have since moved to an area that I will no longer need this one. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Chris

8. Backwards Plow

Selling Driveway super plow

Chris if you would like to sell the plow, how much?
    where are you located?

9. Backwards Plow

DaveCN5, I am trying to change over from hard wired to wireless. Cant find anything on line. can you shoot a few photos of where the battery is located and any wiring shots i could use? any model or parts numbers would be awesome! how does the battery stay charged? will it make it thru a storm?

10. forkicks

forkicks Member

I have one of these also and have found it is a good tool for tight driveways. But you do need ballast in the bed because once you drop the blade there goes all your weight on the rear tires. I am also looking to upgrade it to the wireless this way i can easily switch it to different trucks as needed. But from the photo's that I have come across it looks like a different mounting set up for the pump to accommodate the battery. And I do not believe that there is a way to charge it. You need to hook a charger up to it at nite. Thinking of running a battery set up in the bed and just run the wires in the back sliding window for controls. Still not a ideal set up for a quick change over but than nothing ever is that simple.

11. qtrhoss

qtrhoss Junior Member

I know where you can get one.

Just read this post today. Yesterday I used the "Superplow" I owned as part of a trade deal for a Vplow. If you're interested.....

12. gmcdan

gmcdan Senior Member

im a little confused , are you saying you have one for sale if so how much are you looking to get for it ?

13. qtrhoss

qtrhoss Junior Member

Dealer has it. But I could provide you with his info. Or could arrange to give him your info if you want.

14. qtrhoss

qtrhoss Junior Member

I can only guess what he might want for it. Prolly not more than $1200 - $1500 + shipping from WI. To you.

15. matdoo12

matdoo12 Junior Member

Hey guys new to here. great forum. My brother and I are currently talking to the owner of Superplow and are thinking of buying the business and patent. We are looking for interested buyers in the plow to determine if its worth the investment. If you have one would you recommend it ? Please let me know . we have a few weeks to make a decision.

16. qtrhoss

qtrhoss Junior Member

Super Plow

I recently traded in my "Super Plow" on a V plow. Not because I had anything bad to say about it. I just out grew the Super Plow. The amount of area I need to clear more than doubled over the last couple years. Thus I opted for a dedicated plow truck and the V plow.
    The Super Plow did what I believe it was intended to do. If someone has too much area to clear for a blower or ATV plow, but not enough to dedicate a vehicle to the job, the Super Plow is a great tool for the job.
    I always felt that the ability to use it on any vehicle that has a 2 inch receiver was a huge bonus. Depending on who in my family was available when the plowing needed to be done, anyone could hook up with any of our vehicles, and get the job done. From my parents Mercury Mountaineer, or in-laws GMC 1/2 ton, to my wife's Expedition or my Powerstroke F350 crew cab, it didn't matter, we all could hook up and move the white stuff out of the way.
    Someone should take over "Super Plow" as I do feel it is a very good product.

17. kweldy

kweldy Junior Member

Superplow

This plow is wonderful! I used it many times for charity to plow out those that were "shut in". I spoke with the original owner many times before purchasing my plow and he was great. I gave him many referrals over the years. The plow is heavy duty (1/4" steel and can pile the snow almost as high as a front mounted plow. It's great because you can plow forwards and backwards.

If I had the money, I would purchase the business and begin manufacturing this plow again! I'm also looking for a wiring harness as my wiring harness went with my SUV (my mistake) when I sold it. I have a great plow but nothing to power it with and don't want to scrap the plow. I've contacted a Meyer distributor but they don't know what I'm even talking about. Just need to power the darn thing. All wiring is on the plow okay but just need the truck side of the wiring.

Plow.JPG

Plow.JPG

18. dele0527

dele0527 Junior Member
    from 18411

Matdoo I am brand new to this site, and have owned an ez plow super plow hard wired to my truck for the last 7 years, I LOVE THIS UNIT, did you buy it, the company, and how do I contact you. Had it on a old f150 for 3 years and now on a 2009 dodge ram 1500, plow out 12 seniors and my on home with a 300' driveway, currently having problems with it on the dodge, unit works fine but the power draw shorts out the total integrated power module on the truck disabling the right front turn signal. please contact me at dele0527@comcast.net as i am looking for info as to how to hook up a deep cycle battery not connected to the truck to power the unit as apparently the new units with the remote were made in the last year of the companys operation. tks,

19. dele0527

dele0527 Junior Member
    from 18411

thinking about doing the same thing as it shorts out the totally integrated power module on my dodge 2009 ram 1500 taking out the right front turn signal, have had unit for 7 yrs. and i love it, had it on an old f150 for 3 yrs, and now on the dodge for the last 4 seasons, and each year i have to get dodge to reset the power unit on the truck to get it passed state inspection, warranty is up this year so i either have to figure out how to wire the remote unit or set up a deep cycle battery not hooked to the truck electrical system, any info you could share would be appreciated, please contact me at dele0527@comcast.net tks